I still remember the first meal anyone has brought me....eight years ago after we got home from the hospital with Ava, Rachel brought us (and I remember this like it was yesterday) stuffed shells, asparagus with baked parm, hot bread, and apple crisp. I cannot even explain what a fantastic gift that was! I can still remember pretty much every one of the 40 or so meals we've had delivered to our door over the last eight years.
I've heard people say that they're afraid to make a meal for someone cause they aren't a good cook, or they might mess up in some way and I always say, "are you kidding me??" I don't care what you bring...if I don't have to make it, I love it. I cannot think of a better way to give to a mom than to make her a meal (or offer to watch her kids!), so get cookin'!
And lest you think I never screw up, here's a few of my recent bombs:
I've shown up with a pizza and a bag of salad, I made a meal for what I thought was a family of three and then arrived and realized it was a family of six, I've been late, I've forgotten ice cream in my freezer and had to run back, trust me, the list goes on.
In fact, the picture above is a lunch on it's way to the kids' school and I got halfway across town before I realized I forgot the plates and then when I got home, my kitchen looked like this:
3 comments:
To add to the list of bombs: I've completely forgotten a meal for someone and when I called to beg forgiveness, they invited me and the whole fam for dinner instead. I've also forgotten to turn the oven on so dinner was an hour late, and lastly, and my personal fav: dropping the dinner as I pulled it out of the oven and it breaking into a million pieces on the floor. Porcelain in your pasta anyone?
You should add that when you went to that house for dinner, one of your kids threw up in their living room, eh?
Yes. But you left out context.
Post a Comment