Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Babe!

Look like you're doing all right for an old man!

We were planning to take the day off to golf (Ed) and shop (me!) but it was not even 40 degrees and pouring hard so we settled for just shopping. Which worked out well for me at least!


We started with lunch and then headed to Cabelas where Ed got two(!) more pairs of boots. This guy is a serious shoe lover...I'm pretty sure he has more than me! I had been planning a day of shopping by myself and I had a long list of stops to make for upcoming events--I always look forward to shopping by myself but I especially like shopping with Ed. He's a "just buy it!" kind of guy and who doesn't like that?! Plus, he helps when I want it and if he gets bored he plays on his phone...win-win.

He was so happy with his b-day presents that he didn't notice when I bought this chair for myself:

(the goobey kid's a keeper too)


Our last stop was Target for some popcorn and the (only) Bon Jovi CD we don't own for the ride home.

I love spending the day with Ed alone, together.
Good food, good shopping, and some pretty fantastic company.
I like you babe. I like you a lot.
Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Signe said...

Our husbands share a birthday, how cool is that? Happy Birthday Ed!

Jan said...

Happy birthday Edward Driskill! Hey, we like you too!