Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stellar speller

Hold on while I brag on my Ava for a bit. :)

Ava is a "stellar speller", which is quite the tricky accomplishment. She had to get 100% on her spelling tests (25 words and two full sentences) three weeks in a row and then get the stellar speller words right..words like missionaries, explorers, and wickiups (they're studying NW history--I don't even know what a wickiup is!). She also just memorized "The Bear Snores On" for the speech meet and performed it in front of a bunch of people (ack.) She looked so big and brave that it almost made me cry! And she just got her first ever report card with real grades and she got all A's! This was tough because everything she does now is graded (spelling, neatness, penmanship, etc. all the time on everything). Sometimes I can't believe all the hard work she does at school and then she still comes home and helps everyone here. She is a hard-working busy bee and we love her!

1 comment:

Carissalayla said...

WOW! I can't believe she is in 2nd grade.