Monday, October 11, 2010

Number 2.

I talked Ed into doing the Portland marathon again this year--the whole time we were running it last year, I looked at the spectators and I thought, that looks like a whole lot more fun than actually running it! And it was! Even though it was pouring buckets the entire time, we had fun racing around the course hollering at the people we knew (and a whole lot of people we didn't). Ed did awesome--his time was almost exactly the same as last year but this year he had a newborn throw a wrench into a pretty crucial part of the training schedule.
Josh was brave enough to sign up too and they got to do a lot of their long runs together (misery really does love company!)


Chillin' in the hotel the night before.
I know he looks sweet but I can think of a whole bunch of reasons not to run a marathon with a newborn around!

The rain didn't seem like such a big deal in the cover of the parking garage.

5 minutes later.
Dark, already soaked, but still daddy's biggest fan.

Cruising at mile 11.
This is somehow the only action shot I got thanks to the downpour!
Done.
And trying to warm up, even after the long walk back to the car, the heat full blast, and a hot shower!

Henry stayed nice and cozy in his car seat and stroller.

Celebrating at Red Robin!
Thanks to 16 weeks of training and some pretty dedicated fans, Ed's now got marathon #2 under his belt.
We're already talking about next year.

2 comments:

Carissalayla said...

congrats to Ed! One of my apartmens in NYC was on first ave. and the NYC marathon ran past every year in Nov. I loved it, I cheered like crazy even though I never knew anyone who ran!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Ed! I'm sorry you had to run in the rain, but hey it is Portland.