Wednesday, October 20, 2010
tick tock
I had forgotten how much my life revolves around the clock when I have a newborn. I'm looking at it constantly...how long did he eat, how long since he ate, how long did he sleep, how long was he awake, and on and on. My life is suddenly divided into 15 minute chunks of time. The worst part is that lately it feels like the clock is on warp speed and time is just buzzing by. I can't believe how old my kids are getting and that Henry has been here over a month and that Christmas is just weeks away. Every month I flip my calendar and see another month filled in...I keep thinking that when things slow down, I'll do this or that but things never slow down! This month has just 2 empty days on the calendar and even those days still have school and shopping and cooking and cleaning. So for the first time ever, I am actually enjoying the little bits of time in the middle of the night that I spend with my little peanut. He is warm and cozy and he holds my finger and snuggles in and I think slow down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment