Ha! Not really.
But it is day one of my week with eight kids. 2 eight year olds, a 7, 2 fives, a three, a two, and a zero (as my kids like to say). Truthfully, my noise standards have relaxed a bit in the last five years so this isn't too bad. And we happen to like these kids so lots of big plans in the works!
The one thing I always forget is how much longer eveything takes with extra kids. Today we were off to pick up Jack and Sara after school and I laid Ben and Jemma's clothes out on the floor and told them to get dressed while I ran to brush my teeth. I came back and sure enough, Jemma was dressed and just buckling her last shoe but little Ben was still sitting there in his pjs and with a big smile and a wave over his clothes, he says, "Hi Kelly! Dis isn't working!" Boys.
And I'm going to post this one cause next week when the shininess of the situation wears off a bit, I'll want to remember it:
Jack and Sara held hands all the way out to the car and Jack says, "I love you Sara" and she says, "I love you too Jack." And he says, "we can do whatever you want when we get home!" and she says, "no Jack, you pick...it's your house." And they both giggle with the goodness of it all.
1 comment:
the nicest (and bravest) aunt ever!
Post a Comment