So this is one of those weeks. Ed has several Very Important Persons in for the week and isn't showing up before bedtime, I am in the middle of some serious event planning as the events are coming fast and furious in July, as well as having two showers, a birthday, and various playdates, doctor's appointments, etc. all this week.
There are times when I don't love this but these two at least make it fun. The other night we headed out for some errands and as we headed into Kinkos to pick up some kind of important stuff for Ed, I told the kids they needed to be quiet and fold their hands as it was not a "kid-friendly" store (like say, Walmart) and Jack looked at Jemma babbling away and said, "if they don't like kids here they probably won't like our baby either!" Then after waiting 20 minutes and finding out his stuff wasn't ready, we headed to Walmart for our two main essentials: diapers and toilet paper. Jack told the lady as we walked in, "Hi I'm Jack" (as always) and then, "we need toilet paper!" Which Ava followed up with, "we don't have any!" Then we headed to the mall for a shower gift and then to Micheals for some ribbon where I picked up a blank notebook for Ava (who always has important thoughts and sweet notes to write). And on the way home we drove by a lemonade stand and I have a strict rule to always stop at all kid-run lemonade stands, so we stopped for a cup for the kids and Ava said breathlessly, "lemonade and a brand-new notebook...this is like the best day ever."
And that is a lesson in living the good life.
3 comments:
Your kids are such sweeties! Lemonade and a brand new notebook, that's my kinda girl!
That is too sweet. I love your family. Feel free to call Mads anytime you need some extra hands, the training is priceless.
That was a laugh out loud story!
They really do say the funniest things, I love it!
Post a Comment