We took Jemma to Spokane for Ed's work Christmas dinner. The tab runs about 100 bucks a person--thanks to $40 steaks, $8 sides (that's per potato or plate of green beans, etc.), plus several drinks and dessert. We were a little worried about having to take her especially because she woke up as soon as we ordered but she was surprisingly quiet and I think I'm the only one who noticed her (considering I had to eat one-handed!). It was the kind of night that would have stressed us out immensely with our first baby but by this point I always think, what's the worst that can happen? And the worst would be her screaming and me having to sit in the lobby--in which case I would have had Ed box up my pricey little dinner and eat it on the road! Here she is in a terrible phone picture next to my ridiculously large strawberry shortcake! (and empty martini glasses!) The evening was a success as she slept both there and back and we had time to have an actual conversation without any interuptions!Friday, December 19, 2008
Jemma's big night on the town
We took Jemma to Spokane for Ed's work Christmas dinner. The tab runs about 100 bucks a person--thanks to $40 steaks, $8 sides (that's per potato or plate of green beans, etc.), plus several drinks and dessert. We were a little worried about having to take her especially because she woke up as soon as we ordered but she was surprisingly quiet and I think I'm the only one who noticed her (considering I had to eat one-handed!). It was the kind of night that would have stressed us out immensely with our first baby but by this point I always think, what's the worst that can happen? And the worst would be her screaming and me having to sit in the lobby--in which case I would have had Ed box up my pricey little dinner and eat it on the road! Here she is in a terrible phone picture next to my ridiculously large strawberry shortcake! (and empty martini glasses!) The evening was a success as she slept both there and back and we had time to have an actual conversation without any interuptions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment