Thursday, September 29, 2016

Backpacking 2016!

I do like a good list.

Jemma got a new (big!) pack this year.
It's all fun and games when you're just carrying it around the house.

Jack hits the trail with Sara on one side and Will on the other.
Pretty much the best day ever.



The first snack break is the best.


We took Jed and Sophie this year--it's always nice for some fresh faces (and a young college kid to carry all the food!)

Dave and Jeanette joined with their horses, which was a first.  We got a little excited to have horses along to carry stuff and visions of comfy seats and bottles of wine danced in our heads.  But no, the horses just carry their own stuff.
They do, however, provide lots of entertainment and that's even better.

After setting up camp, we wash our feet: 
the highlight of the evening.

lovely as always

Jack got a front row seat for watching the dinner making.

It might be the middle of nowhere, but I can whip up a raspberry vodka lemonade anywhere.


We settle in for some Patrick McManus:
the joy!



The next day the boys took off early and by the time we caught up with them, they had caught lunch:



Henry, not the most patient in real life, has the love of fishing.  I think it surprised him too.

Jemma's homemade swimsuit.

Jack and Jed get in...
and then back out as fast as possible: 


still fishing

We hiked back into one more hidden lake so Ed could get his shower.




making popcorn

one more quick dip back at camp





sometimes you just gotta sleep where you can

The next morning, I woke to the sound of pouring rain.  I coped the best way possible by digging in deeper and refusing to leave the tent till it stopped.
And it worked! 

Heading out and still smiling.

Thought about these wings all the way down the mountain.

And....they're out!


No comments: