Thursday, January 31, 2013

This has been one of those weeks.  
You know the kind where you look around and think, "where are the grown-ups??"  It started with Ed leaving town for the week and me waking up to several inches of fresh snow and then running out to haul the garbage to the curb....while the kids follow me out and the door (I swear in slow motion with me yelling "Noooo") closes behind them.  Locked.  Not even Henry left in the house to save us.  $50 and one freezing hour later, we got back in and the hits kept coming.  
This also happens to be the week of the kids' school auction, which means I have spent a good 8 hours a day on the phone begging for donations and then driving all over to get them.  The funny thing is that I helped with this exact event in high school, yet there was always a grown-up telling me what to do next.  
And I am always surprised to realize that now the grown-up is me.  What??  These are my kids (seriously, this still surprises me sometimes) and I am the mom.  Which was kind of a bummer when I dropped a huge jar of mayo tonight and it splattered everywhere.
But now that I have cleaned my house and checked on my sweet sleeping babies and cracked open a Mikes, I remember that being the grown-up does have it's perks.

1 comment:

Paula said...

It was awesome...can't wait to hear the finally tally!