Thursday, June 3, 2010

One of those days.

Ed was gone this week and after a long day of icky cleaning projects, we all woke up restless and grumpy the next morning. After everyone wandered around the house for a few hours driving me nuts, I finally got us all clean and ready and loaded everybody up to head out (in the pouring rain) in search of some fun (namely Starbucks and the game place). I hopped in, turned the key, and click, click. The battery was dead. Since my little monkeys were daddy-less, I had to call my own dad who probably thought he was done saving me years ago but really never is, to come over and give us a jump. Jack was super excited about the turn of events and pulled up a stool to help:
By the time we were revved and ready to go, it was naptime so I promised them an outing later. I eventually ordered a pizza and we headed out to pick it up but once again...click, click. This time Joe came to save us and we headed straight to Les Schwab for a new battery, only it was until we got there that I realized my kids were dressed in a variety of shorts, tanks, and some flip-flops (at least one of them had no shoes)--my kids have apparently missed the memo that summer is a month late! It was freezing and pouring so hard and loud I could hardly hear them talking in the back seat. Anyway, we got there about a minute before closing but when I hauled in my wet, seriously underdressed children, the guy took pity and was nice enough to fix us up. So an hour later (and $100 poorer) we finally picked up our pizza. I was soaked through and totally wiped out but all three kids were giggling so hard, it may have been worth it.

No comments: