Apparently we don't have enough to do here because we tackled an overhaul of our bedroom for the third time in the four years we have lived here. Last week it was a cozy navy-colored room that Ed hated--he thought it felt like a cave, which it did...but frankly, I like sleeping in a cave. The rest of my house is white and bright but when I sleep I like no light peeping in anywhere! But Ed knows I like a good project so as long as he does the actual painting, I'm game.
I was leaning toward a bright poppy color, Ed was leaning somewhere else so we compromised on turquoise (which was really more my second choice than an actual compromise). I forgot to take a before shot but I caught Ed right before he finished priming:
Generally when we paint a bedroom we whip it all out on a Saturday and get everything back to normal by bedtime but we turned this into quite the production. Ed primed and painted multiple coats, I painted all the trim and closet doors (that somehow didn't get painted when we installed them two years ago!), Ed hauled the bed out to the garage to paint it, I painted the nightstands and bench, and then we cleaned the carpets. whew.
We were bedless late Saturday night and about to bunk with the kids when we checked the carpet and it was dry enough to put the mattresses on the floor so we settled for that--which the kids (all of them) loved:
I really like it...it's bright but still really peaceful feeling. However! I have not slept good since we painted and I'm hoping it's just the residual paint fumes and not the fact that it is so much lighter all night! I miss my cave just a teeny bit.
3 comments:
I love the turquoise!
You need to post a whole room shot so we can see the finished bed and stuff!
I agree with Paula! I want to see the finished project! Our last house had all the walls in the downstairs an aqua color. It was called "bluegrass", it was super warm...Looks good so far:)
Post a Comment