Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Birthday Party.

Jack opened his gifts right before his party. His favorite was the bike (I love Ava's face here--she was so excited for him and kept this secret a long time!). My favorite was new underwear...if you're going to spend most of your days without pants, it's just polite to wear nice unders!

Jack is so lucky to grow up in a community where almost all of our family friends have a boy close to his age (which is why his preschool class is already full!) so he thought maybe he would have a HUGE party but I told him to keep it to just 4 friends that will be in school with him next year and, of course, his cousin Will. It ended up being the perfect number! They all got decked out with weapons and Ed worked them up into quite a frenzy. Then they breaked for some cake and chilled out long enough to be super polite for the presents.

Jack really wanted a football party this year--he picked the plates and napkins and knew exactly what he wanted for his cake!

This one's for Sarah! :)

They busted out a couple of the new toys--this one was a dart game that came with safety glasses for the shooter--I'm thinking they should have provided glasses for everyone else instead!
Lately Jack's been saying, "are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?" (To which the answer is pretty much always NO) So after his party he says, "Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?.....I'm thinkin' 4 is really fun!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that one of Eliot! I'm so glad that Jack had a fun party. Eliot sure had a a good time~ Sarah

Megan said...

I love it..."are you thinking what I'm thinking?" How cute is that!!!!

Lauren said...

Great pictures! Bryce had so much fun . . . when he found out that his brother had had candy during his absence, he was quick to tell me that he hadn't actually eaten any cake--only looked at it!