We were facing another loooong week without Ed and after the sort of Monday that felt like a 48-hour day, I packed up Jack and Ava, dropped Jem off at her auntie's and we hit the road and headed north to meet up with Ed. In the end, he didn't get to the hotel till everyone had conked out and he left again hours before they woke up, but we had a good time anyway! And the kids were super excited to see him standing out in one of his fields waving at us as we flew by on the highway--I'm not sure what it is exactly that they think he does all week but when they see him in action, they are thrilled.
After they finally tired of the pool, we headed back to our room and got comfy and then right at bedtime, we all had a craving for some sweets so, since they were in their jammies, we took a pajama-walk to the restaurant for a treat. Imagine my surprise when we showed up and the casual outdoor place I thought we were headed was actually the bar and we were seated instead in the fancy-shmancy restaurant (right next to the piano player). Ava was thrilled and immediately sat up straight, placed her napkin in her lap, and sipped neatly from her water. Jack got the message and tried to be equally appropriate.
After some cheesecake and piano music, we headed back to our room where the kids giggled in bed and I sat outside to read.
I actually love traveling with my kids (note I say kids, not babies) especially on these quick trips. They make the usual seem so fun--look a notepad and pen! food delivered to your bedroom and eaten on the bed! mini-shampoos! watching TV in bed! a mini-fridge! They love it!
1 comment:
And all this was at the Ramada by the airport? Goodness, it all sounds so relaxing!
Post a Comment