Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

I am a big celebrater of birthdays at this house--mine included!
The day started with Jack and Ava coming in to wake me up and snuggle at 8:00 (that's right--I sleep in!) and Ed left me some sunny gerbera daisies before work. Paula gave me a pedicure certificate and (even better) watched all the kids while I was off doing it. The kids were very sad for me that there was no big party planned so we hit the park after lunch with all their cousins and brought a lovely cake that Ava frosted and decorated for me and then they all took long naps. Ed gave me the best gift of coming home early(!) and after presents with the kids, we headed out to dinner at our favorite restaurant and then a movie. We always save some fireworks for my birthday so after the movie we hauled the kids out in the dark to light them off. It was a really great day with just this picture to show for it:
I cannot believe I am officially into my thirties (I mean I turned 30 last year but 31 is much more in the thirties for some reason!). I am a lucky, lucky girl to have Ed and these three most sweet little monkeys.


Here's Jack finishing off the cake for breakfast the next morning!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! I sure missed sharing it with you this year! Here's to another year in your 30's!
Rach

The Meredith Family said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!! Welcome to the 30"s. Its really not that bad!! :)