When it comes to back-to-school partying, we don't mess around. This weekend we headed to the lake (and because we slept in the great outdoors last weekend, we slept in a hotel this one!) for one last everything (dinner out, lake swim, tube, pool swim, waffles, you name it...) of the summer.
and when jumping off the boat isn't a big enough thrill, big daddy steps it up:
After a day of fun, we cleaned up and had dinner at our favorite place. Where I insisted on taking pictures. (Ava's less of a fan these days...is it no longer cool to have your mom yell "cheese!" at a restaurant??)
Then my mom and dad joined us for a gorgeous evening cruise:
Which was all fun and games until we almost flooded the boat in a perfect combo of bad timing, a giant wave, and five of us sitting in the front. I don't mean a little water, I mean a flood, over the bow, into our laps, and all the way to the back. We got soaked. Jeans, sweaters, shoes...soaked.
They had a cold drive home in the Jeep--we headed back to the hotel to warm up in the hot tub!
After a giant breakfast in the morning, we hit the lake again:
I am not a fan of driving the boat, but Jack is always happy to do it when Ed wants a break:
Perfect end to a pretty great summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment