Sunday, August 25, 2013

backpacking!

Ready to roll.
(although this is when I think why am I leaving my sunny house and my comfy bed?)
 clean and shiny:

 First log crossing.  My least favorite part of backpacking (besides sleeping on the ground!)

 crazy train.


 This was the most beautiful place we have ever been.
Huge ravines, waterfalls, open meadows, shady timber, sheer rock walls, constant creeks and sandy beaches.  Just perfect.

 cousins.

Happy hour:


and then we turned around and saw this:
 giant, buzzing hornets nest.  
I mean bigger than my head.  So we left our tents on the flat ground there and moved our kitchen and living room to the creek:

And then I dropped my camera in the water.  Grrr.
So part two of the trip will come as soon as I get my other half of the pictures from Paula!

Sneak peek...breakfast in the morning:
last picture my camera will ever take.  RIP.

No comments: