Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tree Day!

The clock's ticking so we had to squeeze tree day into an already full weekend this year. I was catering a retreat so I was cooking dinner Friday then serving, cleaning, and cooking breakfast till late that night, then doing it again in the morning for lunch. Ava loves to work with me but I rarely take her so she was pumped to help this weekend. She helped do all the unloading, loading, and arranging and she was fantastic! After setting up lunch, we ran out to the tree farm to meet Ed and the other kids. It was chilly but pretty and we even got a few snowflakes! And we got a (very rare) family shot for the Christmas card (woo hoo!)

Ava and I jetted back to clean up the lunch and haul everything home while Ed dropped Jack at a birthday party. Then we spent the afternoon cleaning and hanging lights:
(Jack's still in shorts! And Ed's got the smoker puffing away on a huge steelhead.)
Then the kids had a tree party with leftover party food (their fave!) and we sent them off to bed while we decorated the tree and had some Chinese food for ourselves. Then we snuck them back out to see the tree and have a treat.

1 comment:

Carissalayla said...

decorating the tree while the kid are asleep is genius, so brilliant, I have a near heart attack or at least a mini panic attack letting my kids help decorate the tree, my heart beats fast and my palms get sweaty and I have to fix it all after they go to bed anyways to balance the poor tree out, your idea is much much better!