So just about 30 minutes after my last post my Jack started throwing up.
Every 30 minutes all.night.long.
Ed was in Montana so I was on my own but after about 3 hours of sleep from 4:00 to 7:00am I woke up and felt pretty confident that the day could only get better.
However!
Henry woke up a few hours late with some serious croup. I waited a few minutes, tried the usual standbys, but soon he was white mouthed, wide eyed, and "struggling to breathe." I called Paula and she heard one breath and said she was on her way to watch the others while I ran him to the doctor. But right before she got here, I had a funny feeling that all was not right with Jemma and I thought I should check before I ran out the door. I opened Jemma's door and got an eyeful and noseful of head to toe puke. I'm not a panick-er but I am a crier and I burst into tears! Paula was just running in the door and she was nice enough to offer to clean up Jemma but she was so miserable and so nasty I had to do it myself. Paula grabbed Henry and headed out for the doctor's office. I cleaned up the mess, called my mom to come over, and called Paula to head down but she said the doctor was sending them to the ER. I met them there and carried Henry into the back where a good 5 or 6 doctors just swarmed over him and went to work. They had him looking good quickly and while I was sitting there holding his hand, I realized my legs were shaking so bad I couldn't have stood up if I had to!
A couple hours later, Ed was back in town (and home with the sick kids, all of whom were eventually throwing up) and Henry was admitted for an overnight stay. And let me just say that staying at the hospital with a sick baby is nothing like staying at the hospital with a new baby.
What I would have given to be moved to our good old family birth center! It was a long, miserable night. Henry slept surprisingly well considering they picked on him every hour but I slept maybe 2 45-minute chunks. I just spent hours listening to his little heart monitor beeping.
My sweet sweet baby.
4 comments:
Wow! What a day! Hope everyone is feeling better :)
oh my goodness, that was definitely not a fun day or night. I hope everyone is on the mend.
What a long week that was! Let's not do that one again! Sweet Henry!
Oh noooo!!! I can't believe all kids were sick and little Henry had to spend the night in the hospital! I would have been crying AND in panic. I admire you! I don't know how you can manage four sick kidos at the same time! Glad Ed made it back home to help. Henry looked so sweet in those hospital pics. What a cutie!
Post a Comment