In order to make room for the new toys, we started a little rearranging which quickly turned into a whole lotta rearranging. By Sunday afternoon we were up to our eyeballs in a giant mess but by that night we had moved Jemma into Jack's room and Ava back into her own room, which involved Ed taking apart and reassembling three beds and a crib, hauling out to the garage a dresser and bookshelf and hauling in a desk and different bookshelf, while I reorganized 3 dressers and two closets worth of clothes and shoes and at least 5 toy boxes and two bookshelves. Which left us with two clean and tidy rooms and six full garbage bags sitting by the front door. whew.
I LOVE January cleaning! It does my little heart good to throw, wash, and organize! I followed this up on Monday and Tuesday by doing every room I could...all I have left are the two hall closets and the garage--saving the best for last!
2 comments:
I love a good clean out too! Before Christmas we get rid of old and unused toys, then after Christmas I get new bins, boxes etc. to store new stuff and today I gave Jeremy the car (he works Sundays, boo) and the kids and I are staying in all day and re-grouping, getting cleaned, organized and ready for our normal schedule!
I'm doing this today . . . and I'm loving it, but also wishing my mom was here to just tell me what to do and then make chocolate chip cookies when we were all done!
Post a Comment