Saturday, August 21, 2010

The students are back.

If you live in a college town you know exactly what that means. I try to only complain about the students the first couple weeks they're back because they truth is that while we love our small town, we don't want it to be a ghost town which is what it would be with no university. So this is it for today:
I don't care where you come from, it is not okay to slam on your brakes in the middle of the street and then sit there for a full 30 seconds while you decide which way to go. And it is also not okay to walk down the middle of the turning lane in crazy traffic with headphones on while you text something super smart (like "hey I'm holding up traffic as far as I can see").
And this was just on my way to Winco. Which is something I try not to do at all till school actually starts but the crowds here at home were hungry and it was going to be a long weekend so I did my duty and shopped with the masses. The good news is that people generally smile and get out of the way of my huge belly when they see me reaching for the sour patch kids and the check-out guy opened up a new lane and grabbed me out of all the swarming people to help first. Yay for the belly!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I am soooo with you on this! Give me September when they finally have something to do :)