Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All tuckered out


When I picked up Jack from school today he didn't have much to say about his day except that he didn't get his name on the board (on the first day his teacher used his name to show what happens if they get their name on the board but he made sure we knew "it was just for pretend and she erased it right away!") and his little face was so sleepy I didn't think he'd make it through lunch but apparently he got his second wind because I put Jemma down for nap a little early so I could snuggle with my bud and I asked him if he had anything to tell about school today and his face lit up and he said, "Oh yeah! We had a fire drill! And I got to be the line leader out to the tree! Because I was the special helper today! I forgot to tell you that! And I forgot we had graham crackers for snack but one boy didn't cause he's allergic to wheat! And I got to pass them out cause I was the special helper! I forgot to tell you that too!" And after taking a breath he kept going, "and mostly we just cut and colored and cut and colored but we did get to use the glue sticks! I used a glue stick! And my teacher said I am good at glueing stuff! So I'll probably get to do it again!" I said, "so it sounds like you like school, huh?" And he said, "No! I love it!"
One of the things I love best about school is that it gives them their own stories and I'm excited Jack now has so many new and (exciting!) things to tell us. Plus it tuckers them out--here he is when I went to wake him up after a two and a half hour nap!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Bryce was really excited for Jack getting to lead the fire drill line!

I love seeing how excited they are for each other

Paula said...

I didn't hear about the fire drill yet!
What a sweet boy - I love him :)