Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day started with some sweet little monkey faces waking me up and then Ed and the kids made me french toast (I was too lazy to take a picture!) and presents. And then we eventually headed out to the greatest fishing spot (Thanks Sarah!!). It was tricky to find but worth it. (Side note: Ed's truck has GPS, a nice British lady, and we call her Gaby. The kids love Gaby and are always amazed at how she knows where to go. So on the way to the pond, Jack says, "Ava, Gaby knows everything...is she God?" and Ava, nicely horrified, sets him straight but he doesn't believe her until we come to the end of the road and still no pond in sight and Gaby has nothing to say and Jack, disappointed, says with a sigh, "I guess she doesn't know eveything.") We found it!
Ava caught one on her first try!

Jack followed soon after.

Ava caught so many we lost track (must be the pink fishing pole!). She eventually chilled in the sun and had some curry chicken. Jack, on the other hand, fished the entire time and only had a few chips for lunch.

Jemma sat right here and ate the whole time!

Fishing buddies.

I cannot believe she is getting so big!

Heading home.

Jemma woke up from her nap like this...puffy eyes, fever, rosy cheeks, and nasty nose so we canceled our big going-out plans and ordered pizza and watched Iron Chef instead.
After cuddling the pudge, I came out to find these two here:

I love them.

I love this life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a fun time!!! I almost had Tim call you Sunday night to see how the fishing went. The pink fishing pole must be the trick. -Sarah