It was a good day. We started with breakfast and presents with the kids. Here's Jack surprising Ed with a rifle (that he is hoping will be passed on to him one day soon!):

Then we left the kids with Ed's mom and headed to Spokane where I dropped Ed off for a round of golf and I got to shop (all.by.myself.) for hours.
It was a little like a birthday for me too!
This is the only shot Ed would let me take at the golf course. It ended up raining pretty good but he didn't care a bit! We hit P.F. Changs for dinner (I couldn't talk him in to Red Robin, although he did offer to go there first and let me have a basket of fries before our real dinner!).
We have learned to take full advantage of a long car ride with no kids--we stock up on treats, coffees, and music and just enjoy the time alone, together. And yesterday our favorite song from high school came on and brought us right back to 17 (17!) years ago when we met. Ed says he knew when we met that he was going to marry me. I'm a lucky
lucky girl.
Happy birthday babe!
3 comments:
That made me cry a little :)
Happy Birthday Ed!
Happy birthday Ed! Thanks for marrying our Kelly! You never know who you might meet in drivers ed. class.
Happy Birthday Ed! I'm sad you didn't want to go out for mexican with us again this year :) and Kelly, nice one sneaking in several hours of shopping all by yourself on ED'S birhtday. I think I'm going to try the same thing on Tim's birthday :)
Post a Comment