Monday, November 16, 2009

Thankful

One out.

Two down.

Five minutes till apple cider martini.
Ed is out to (a very nice) dinner with some Very Important Persons so we are on our own again tonight. Which means a couple things: early bed for Jem, popcorn and movie for kids, yummy drink for me. We made cider martinis a couple weeks ago for friends but we used a pre-made mix and it was a little good but mostly a little weird. But I knew the idea had potential so we tried it again and it is good. It's a little something like this (but made to taste of course):
1 part cider (I like to float some oranges and cloves in it for a bit first)
1 part vodka
1 part cranberry vodka (because we ran out of the regular!)
Shaken super cold.
Enjoy.

2 comments:

Paula said...

All bottoms up!

Carissalayla said...

my hubby is never home either, wished I lived closer to you so I could drink a martini with you!