Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jack

Jack's a funny kid. If he's ever moping around looking bored, I'll say "Jack do you want to do some chores?" and he says "Chores? I love chores!" A few weeks ago I noticed his bed was made every morning when I got up and I just assumed Ava had been doing it until I caught him in the act, pulling the blankets tight and smoothing out the wrinkles. In fact his chore list has grown quite a bit; he takes out the garbage (including running the poopy diapers outside to the can), makes his bed, sorts the laundry and runs all the baskets around, empties the silverware out of the dishwasher, dusts the bedrooms, and the list goes on. But his favorite chore is setting the table, here's a picture of him folding the napkins around the forks like "baseball bats".
He's a hard worker just like his daddy!
******
Here's one more Jack funny I didn't want to forget. The day after the marathon we had this conversation:
Me: Jack, don't lean on my legs--they're really sore from running.
Jack: why, did you fall off the treadmill? (For the record that has never happened!)
Me: no, I just ran a long ways
Jack: did you run out of gas?? (what he says when he gets tired)
Me: yeah, I started running out of gas by the end.
Jack's face lit up: Did you have to turn on your turbo jets to finish?!

No comments: