Thursday, October 1, 2009

Don't panic...

but there is a national shortage of canned pumpkin filling. I found this out after spending an hour pouring over my fall recipes, gearing up for a big day of baking, and then hauling my kids to every grocery store in town in the hunt for canned pumpkin, only to finally figure out something must be up and then coming home to google it and sure enough...canned pumpkin shortage!
(Seriously, what did we do before google?)
Anyway, Jack was very distraught on my behalf but we settled for some gingerbread biscotti and called it a day.
Baking with my Jack is quite a bit different than with Ava. She can do all kinds of helpful stuff--read the recipe, crack the eggs, stir stuff. He, on the other hand, just asks the same 4 questions over and over: "what's that? what's it do? what's it make? is it good?" With "can I taste it?" thrown in every once in awhile!

2 comments:

LOLJR said...

I did panic this week too! All I could get was that yucky canned pie mix...with the sugar and spice already added in. Here's hoping for more of the good stuff!

Signe said...

Costco did have pumpkin the last time I was there, but Rosaurs said they would only have Western Family this year. Crazy. And how did this not make the national news?