Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summertime!

We headed to the Casebolt farm for the second annual Casebolt/Sawyer Grill-Off on Sunday and we had a fabulous time! Heather is a master planner and everything was well-organized and fantastic. It doesn't hurt that Ed and I are two of the judges also!
Super hostess Ann.

The grill-off judging table and the lucky judges plus Jem.
(Those are the prizes there in the middle. Yes...there are prizes. And a trophy.)

Sweet Sara.
This place is kid heaven--pool, buckets of water guns, a kid-size John Deere gator. Truthfully, I have no pictures of my big kids because I never saw them!

Sweet Jem and her dinner.

The winner. As usual.

Beautiful!

We're a competitive bunch and we like to start 'em early so there was a coloring contest for the kids and Ava won! And it was judged by one of the few people not related to her!

Dessert!
Did I mention the pie baking contest also? I told you we're a competitive bunch! And my mom won this one with her raspberry pie (a family favorite)--she got a trophy too!
So much fun! Thanks to Heather for organizing and Dave and Ann for hosting and Shawna for washing all the dishes!
See ya next year!

No comments: