Monday, August 24, 2009

I love school.

I could not wait till 3:05 today to pick up my sweet Ava Blythe, take her out for a treat and hear all about her big day. Ava is a great story-teller--she remembers all the details I like to hear, she loves sharing, and then asks tons of questions about what you might have been up to.
I was a bit emotional this morning when dropping Ava off, not because I will miss her (although I will!) but because I was so so excited for her! I always loved school from kindergarten through college and Ava looks to be the same. And when we walked though the parking lot and all the kids in their shiney new uniforms were giggling and yelling hellos to each other, I was just so happy for her!
Ava goes to a fantastic school with sweet kids and happy teachers and families that are our best friends, where her grandma is a teacher and her cousins are her playground buddies....what a sweet blessing!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I have to agree with that; it is sweet!