This year, Ava had a morning birthday party with belgian waffles (strawberries and whip cream!) and everyone wore their favorite jammies. A sort of half slumber party because we would be crazy to do the whole thing with nine girls five and under! I always decorate the night before after she is in bed so she was up bright and early to check it all out. It was a busy day with the party, ballet lessons, dinner out with us and more presents! Ava loves to hear the story of her real birth-day and I still can't believe it was all five years ago. She has grown into a real buddy! She is sweet and interesting, funny and so tenderhearted towards smaller kids.
Why I want her to stay exactly the same:
The other day we came across somebody named George and Ava said, "hey that's Curious George's middle name."
The other day we came across somebody named George and Ava said, "hey that's Curious George's middle name."
And I, of course, said, "what's his first name?"
"Curious."
Later, Ava asked me where deer buy their clothes. Slightly confused I asked for clarification and she said, "Grandma told me the deer were wearing their winter coats." Pause. "Only it didn't look like they were wearing any clothes to me."
2 comments:
That Ava! She is such a gem. I just love her. It sounds like your party went really well. For a few seconds before I read your explanation I thought you'd had a slumber party and thought you were the crazie...I mean gutsiest mom there ever was! Hee hee.
Oh my Kelly! I can not believe how much she has changed in just a year! Our family really misses Ava! She looks so pretty and we love the boots! Happy 5th birthday Ava, love Mrs. Rachel, Mr. Brant, Tage, Simon, Violet, and Ben!
Post a Comment