(or...My Favorite Day of the Year)
The Driskill Family Christmas kicks off on the evening of the 23rd when we head out to my parents for the first stage of fun. So every year I spend the entire day (and I mean a good 14 hours) of the 22nd working nonstop. I clean the house top to bottom, do the laundry, finish the shopping, hit the grocery, make the food, and wrap, wrap, wrap. I don't stop till every thing is checked off my (very long) list. And that makes it possible for me to enjoy and savor every minute of the 23rd. I always meet my mom for lunch or coffee (or both), I wander the liquor store and pick myself new, I flip through Christmas magazines that have been calling my busy name all month, and then I head back out for coffee:
(with my lovely ladies)
And then we load up the sleigh and out to my parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment