Thursday, September 11, 2014

Ava.

 Ava is in 6th grade this year (!).  And in this brave new world, 6th graders qualify for junior high athletics (!!).  So Ava has joined Kayte on the cross country team...doubling it from 1 girl to 2.  She started late so she didn't get to compete in the first meet so she is gearing up for her first.ever.jr high event this weekend!! Can you tell we're excited??  I am SO proud of her.  Not only is this WAY outside her comfort zone but she gets up at 5:30 (in the morning!) to make it to practice by 6:15.

Bright and sunny at 6 in the morning.
(I will also pat myself on the back here for taking her to practice this early.  If you know me, you know this may be the biggest parenting sacrifice I've made).

And way later that night, heading to a jr high bible study:

Yes.  She has grown up.

No comments: