I kicked off April with a half marathon down south and we took the girls along for a little road trip.
Watching some rafters on the way.
We were super happy to visit the DeWinkles and meet baby Brynn!
I had been looking forward to a spring marathon and my only worry was that it would be too hot (since I hadn't even hit the 50s for a long run yet!), instead it was cold. And windy. 20 mile per hour steady wind, with some gusts added in.
So cold that everyone hid out in their car till about 3 minutes before the start.
But with a fan club like this, it's not so bad:
And I ended up with 4th in my age group and 14th female overall. Clearly I had the cold weather advantage!
We celebrated at Red Robin with the Gierharts and then hit the road for home.
Nothing like running 13 miles and then driving for 6 hours!
We stopped here to take a picture of this sign for Jack, our resident Idaho history expert.


No comments:
Post a Comment