Ava's class spelling bee is today and they sent home a letter saying parents could watch--this wasn't allowed in 1st grade so I hadn't planned on going this year either for one main reason....I hate watching kids perform. I mean it. I get stressed out at high school plays, last week at the kindergarten assembly I almost cried when a little five year old couldn't remember her line, I'm even nervous at the Nutcracker that one of the professionals might screw up! But Ava really wanted me there and so I went. And I almost threw up when the first couple kids got out and their eyes were all big and teary. Aacck, makes me sick to even think about it! I had to leave after a half hour and then I took the kids to Starbucks and picked up a pink donut to leave in Ava's locker and when I dropped it off, I peeked in the window and she was still in the mix so I won't know till after school how she did but either way I'm just so proud of her for doing it...and I'm already dreading next year!
3 comments:
Ohhhhh...it sounds torturous! That was so sweet of you to put a treat in Ava's locker! I'm sure it was a nice surprise!
One of my most vividly horrible memories from 5th grade was a spelling bee we had and it wasn't my own failures it was watching everyone else try and spell words. Gary what's his name spelling plantation still makes my heart break.
I'm sure that Ava knows you are proud of her no matter what she does in the spelling bee.
I am surprised that perfomance makes you so nervous. You seem so poised at all times. Things you never know about someone. I'll pray that God gives you grace for all the perfomances you have ahead of you, there is going to be a ton of them!
Post a Comment