So the week before Christmas, some guys came by from our electric company and told us they'd be doing some work on the electrical pole in our neighbor's backyard. Our yard had the easiest access so they'd be coming through there. No problem right?
They came back a couple days later, stood around with their thumbs in their overalls and stared at the yard for about an hour, then left. Same thing the next week, then the next. Eventually they came and cut some branches off our tree and dismantled a chunk of the neighbor's fence (that took two days). Each time I asked them to please give me warning before they shut off our power (for 6-8 hours). Two weeks ago they looked like they might be getting down to business but then left after an hour and said they'd be back to do it the next Wednesday. I got all ready for a full day of no power (no easy feat with all these kids needing heat and light) and then they showed up and said they'd do it the next day. Thursday, you guessed it, they said next week sometime. On Sunday our power went out and they were here working on the pole for a couple hours (which seemed like a good time for the final fix!) but no deal. Yesterday they stopped by for a bit. And then today they pulled up with four huge trucks and I was sure this was it! But no. They said tomorrow. I won't hold my breath.
1 comment:
I hope they are finished! I remember when we lived there, we counted 18 wires going to and from that old pole, good grief!
Post a Comment