Friday, February 26, 2010

Thank you

for all the awesome comments (and emails and phone calls!) about Jemma's (big) news. How cool to have a record of all the excitement for this little peanut! And since my blog is my main form of record keeping these days, I have to write the reactions of our little monkeys.
Ed wanted to tell Ava right away (he's terrible with secrets as evidenced by the fact that he told Paula and Joe the night we found out--and I wasn't even there! Paula called and hollered so loud I didn't know what had happened!) but we waited a month till after the ultrasound. Ava is the most amazing sister and one of the things I was most excited about was giving her the chance to be a sister again. She was of course thrilled and is the family's most trusted secret-keeper, although this was very hard for her and I was glad we didn't tell too early. I caught her more than once rolling the word "pregnant" around in her mouth and she said she just liked saying it to herself! We waited to tell Jack till we were on our way to tell my family (Jack, another not great secret-keeper). In the car, we told him we had an exciting secret and he yelled, "don't tell me! I hate secrets!" That wasn't quite what we had expected and it took almost the whole trip to convince him he wanted to know. But his reaction was absolutely priceless--the biggest, sweetest jaw-dropped smile I have ever seen (and he has big sweet smile already!). His eyes were even smiling and he kicked his little feet in the air. Amazing.
I can say this...this is one anticipated little gift.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Yep, now I'm teary and I've already heard that story!!!