Paula and Joe were nice enough to take our kids for 24 hours (don't worry--their turn is next month) so we headed up to CDA the night before and had a fantastic dinner at our new favorite restaurant, squeezed in a quick Target trip, and then relaxed at my Aunt Julie's.
Sorry no race pictures (because, as you can see, I take all the pictures and I was running)--but a little race update: Ed finished in a very fast 1:43 and then he had a good 25 minutes to wait for me :) Actually, it was a beautiful run right on the river and the lake, nice and sunny (too sunny for me, just right for Ed) and for the most part I had a good time, except from miles 10-12 when I kept thinking "did I actually pay to do this?? And, more importantly, I am getting some seriously bad tan lines!" But the last mile was not too bad and I averaged under 10 minute miles so I think we can call it a success.
4 comments:
i can actually hear ed saying that! hee hee!
Nice work you two! Josh and I really wished we could have been there with you, but family and work called :) Count us in for next year, k?!
Hooray for post race Red Robin!
That is, after all, why I race. :)
Post a Comment