Well, we are ripping out the bathroom one more time. When we first bought this house the bathroom was so gross that I couldn't even go in there (I was also seven weeks pregnant!). Besides the lovely harvest gold fixtures, the floor was so rotted that the toilet was sinking into the crawl space. We only had a few days to make it liveable so Ed ripped everything out including the sub-floor and then tiled the floors, painted the cabinets, replaced the tub and toilet and put it all back together asap so we would have at least one useable bathroom (the other was almost as bad to start with and only Ed was brave enough to use it). Since then, I have painted that bathroom three more times and we eventually added beadboard wainscotting but we never really liked it so we (and I mean mostly me) have finally decided to start all over so we (and I mean mostly Ed) are back at work. Because we aren't in the rush we were last time, we plan to do it right and then never do another bathroom project again!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Here we go again...
Well, we are ripping out the bathroom one more time. When we first bought this house the bathroom was so gross that I couldn't even go in there (I was also seven weeks pregnant!). Besides the lovely harvest gold fixtures, the floor was so rotted that the toilet was sinking into the crawl space. We only had a few days to make it liveable so Ed ripped everything out including the sub-floor and then tiled the floors, painted the cabinets, replaced the tub and toilet and put it all back together asap so we would have at least one useable bathroom (the other was almost as bad to start with and only Ed was brave enough to use it). Since then, I have painted that bathroom three more times and we eventually added beadboard wainscotting but we never really liked it so we (and I mean mostly me) have finally decided to start all over so we (and I mean mostly Ed) are back at work. Because we aren't in the rush we were last time, we plan to do it right and then never do another bathroom project again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Never? I doubt it. Now that you (and by "you" I mean Ed) are a bathroom renovating pro, the next five bathrooms will be a piece of cake. Can't wait to see the finished bathroom.
Can't help but smile when reading your blog.
Post a Comment